We’re still planning future special events.
- We’re intending to hold another wine pairing dinner, building on the success of the five course meal last year.
- There’ll be more dinner concerts, hopefully one event roughly every second month.
We’re excited with this latest addition to the cafe. We’ll feature a selection of fresh baking available to take out, including many favorites from the cafe menu. Susan’s wanted to have a bakery for a long time so this is our first step along the way.
We’re also pleased to let you know that we’re making most of our own bread for sandwiches now. Andrew has developed a soft herb focaccia bread that’s now our new standard. We also have a country white loaf that’s the first white bread we figure is fit to eat. He’s also working on recipes for a multi-grain and whole wheat loaf. All the bread features an overnight slow ferment to bring the full flavours out of the flours.
Currently we’re offering choices such as:
- Focaccia Bread
- Fresh Baked Scones (Rasin, Cheddar)
- Coconut Macaroon Gluten Free Cookies
- Date Squares
We can also offer a wide selection of baked goods made to order including any of our famous desserts and special orders.
- Baked Pies featuring seasonal fruits: Apple, Rhubarb Custard, Peach, & Pumpkin
- Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Cake, Carrot Cake
- Date Squares, Scones
- Our special desserts including Chocolate Truffle Cake, Pecan Grand Marnier Tart, & Chocolate Walnut Tart.
- Gluten Free Desserts
Please call ahead to place your order and we’ll make it fresh for you.
Dining features include:
- a wide selection of sandwiches using bread from a local bakery.
- fresh made soups
- a daily frittata with delicious fillings
- scrumptious desserts including Susan’s famous apple pies, cheesecake, coffee cake, carrot cake, scones, date squares, and more
- coffee, a wide selection of hot teas, beer, wine, soft drinks
- a great (smoke free) covered patio with a view of the Merrickville locks and Rideau River
- choices for specialized dietary needs, such as gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegan, etc.